Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Street Fighter X Tekken and Berserk

So, sorry to report that so far, I’m not too happy with Street Fighter X Tekken. Like the rest of the world, I have been waiting for these two titans to duke it out. I’m a huge fighting game enthusiast, and I don’t mean as in the past few years…but my ENTIRE life. In fact, the first cheat code I ever knew was A, B, A, C, A, B, B (go ahead and look it up), AND I was there when F. Yagami’s site was “crescentflames.com” before he started his colossal Fighter’s Generation site, so I don’t want to be thought of as a “band wagon” fan.

                Anyway, so far I’m not impressed. I’m not one to complain too much about the difficulty if input commands, but in Trial mode alone, there have been MANY trials that make me want to break the controller in my hand. There must be something up with the half circle command, because these chains are not coming out like they should. For instance, the combo is: LP, Crouch HP, Hyakuretsukyaku (HCF+K). This won’t chain for anything. I even try to break it down. LP, Crouch HP = OK. Crouch HP, Hyakurestukyaku (HCF+K) = OK. LP, Crouch HP, Hyakuretsukyaku = X. I know I use a controller and not arcade stick (I know…some fan, right), but they are designed for someone to be proficient in both. It makes little sense to me. Combos look beautiful as soon as they are completed, but the gameplay feels so rigid and robotic to me. Capcom predecessor fighters have such fluid command input that make for combos to come out like butter after 6 or 7 tries. But in this game, whether a SF or a Tekken character, I feel so robotic when trying to do basic LP, LP, Crouch LK, Crouch MK, Crouch HK strings.
                I’m going to give it some more time, and some online play before I totally make my decision. Other than that, I hope Capcom release some patches…REAL SOON. If this goes on, the game I have been waiting for the most will have to a back burner seat and let me finish Saint Seiya Senki (in which I know will take forever).
                In hobbyist news, I came across a new preorder today that made me bite my lip in excitement. I never thought this would come out, and it’s one of my favorite anime characters…certainly my favorite seiyuu (Japanese voice actor).


                Yep, GRIFFITH. That’s right! In one of Toshiyuki Morikawa’s most iconic voices he ever played. If you don’t know this name, go ahead and look him up. By the time you get to the part where he did Sephiroth in Advent Children, Mitsurugi, Dante, and Yondaime Hokage I’m sure you won’t need much more documentation of badassery. This character made the Berserk series for me. Mannerisms, design, development, everything. I loved Griffith from back to front. Never thought he would be done justice, and by Max Factory’s Figma line, no less! Because of this, I finally ordered this before it’s too late:


                Though I would be content with Griffith alone, but if I ever wanted guts later in the future, the price would skyrocket. Might as well get him before its 3 figures to buy him. I’m already thinking of poses to be made, and can’t wait to review the thing.
                Items still on preorder:
Figma – Samus Aran, Irisviel von Einzbern, Griffith
Revoltech – Edward Elric, Alphonse Elric
S.H. Figuarts – Super Saiyan 3 Goku Exclusive, Super Saiyan Trunks
D-Arts – Zero Type-2, Vile (Tamashi Web Exclusive)
Armor Plus – Korin No Seiji (Sage), Suiko No Shin (Cye), Armor Plus SG Sol Tekkaman
Misc: Armor Girls Project MS Shojo Wing Gundam EW, MP-11 Masterpiece Coronation Starscream, Saint Myth Cloth EX Scorpio Milo.
Happy Hobbying!

No comments:

Post a Comment